INBAR Report - The Environmental Impact of Industrial Bamboo Products
A core piece of research for the bamboo industry, the International Network for Bamboo & Rattan (INBAR)’s Technical Report No.35 provides a Life-Cycle Assessment and Carbon Sequestration analysis to draw conclusions on the impact of industrial bamboo on the environment.
- Methodology – calculating cradle-to-grave impact of bamboo products.
- Calculation of carbon sequestration in forests and buildings.
- Positives and challenges of bamboo production.
- The potential of bamboo for climate change mitigation.
- Conclusion supporting how bamboo is one of the best performing renewable resources around.
Research conducted by P. van der Lugt, PhD & J.G Vogtländer, PhD, in collaboration with INBAR, MOSO International and the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology.