3mm Caramel Bamboo Veneer (Side Pressed), 6 ply
£4.80 – £55.91 incl. VAT
Delivery of all items is to doorstep only. Courier service is driver only, so they may need assistance with unloading large / heavy items. We request you bear this in mind when ordering.
- Download specification sheet below for answers to FAQ’s
- Natural, unvarnished bamboo ply.
- Made from Chinese bamboo.
- Sustainable alternative to plywood boards.
- Interior applications include cabinet making, crafts, wall covering.
- Suitable for laser engraving.
- The veneers are designed to be securely attached to a solid substructure, therefore there is a display side and an underside.
Oil and varnish information here:
This bamboo board is made from compressing strips of bamboo with resin to form a hard ply. The caramel bamboo colour can be lightly oiled or varnished. Use Tung oil to protect the surface on food preparation or serveware.
Please note: This 3mm board is classified as a veneer. Although this is 6 ply, the thinness of the 3mm sheet means it can split. Depending on the application we recommend attaching to a solid sub-structure using screws or impact adhesive.
- Density (Product): +/- 700 kg/m3
- Top layer thickness / Wear layer: 0.5mm
- Resistance to indentation – Mean value Brinell Hardness, depending on used substrate (EN 1534)
- Formaldehyde emission: Class E1 ( < 0.124 mg/m3, EN 717-1) / Class E0 ( < 0.025 mg/m3)
- Use Class: Class 1 (EN 335)
- Glue: D3 water resistant
- CO2 neutral: See INBAR Report #35 ‘The Environmental Impact of Industrial Bamboo Products’
|Minimum Cart Spend (Incl. VAT)*||Discount|
|> £380||5% OFF|
|> £900||10% OFF|
|> £1600||15% OFF|
* Excludes shipping and products currently on sale/promotion.
* Bespoke discounts available for Trade, with regular orders meeting a minimum spend.
300mm x 200mm (+/- A4), 600mm x 400mm (+/- A2), 1220mm x 410mm, 2440mm x 410mm
PLEASE NOTE: This information is to assist with your purchase. Please read carefully. Bamboo boards and veneers behave in a similar manner to timber hardboards and plyboards. Storage: Bamboo boards respond to changes in the atmosphere and can absorb moisture from the air. Boards must be stored flat in a dry, warm place. Failure to do so can lead to bowing and in extreme cases mould may begin to develop on the surface. Variations: There may be colour variations between boards. We cannot guarantee that boards supplied will all be from the same batch. However, with the application of wood oil, the boards will even out in tone. Product Type: 3mm and 5mm boards are classed as veneers. These are NOT weight bearing materials. They can split, crack or bow. They are designed to be attached to a solid substrate and are relatively fragile. We cannot guarantee their stability if used differently. For further information regarding how to use a particular thickness of board please read the individual product description OR download the Information Sheet on each page. Treatments: Our bamboo boards and veneers are untreated and will require sealing with a varnish or wood oil. This will bring out the natural grain and colour of the boards and protect the finished item/area from staining and minor abrasions. You can also use a coloured stain on the boards prior to sealing. Several coats of varnish/wood may be required if the boards are to be used in a high traffic area or where liquids are found, such as the kitchen or bathroom. Aftercare: If the boards are given the correct initial treatment they need only be wiped over with a damp cloth or duster. For areas or items which have been treated with wood oil, periodic application of a top coat is advised. For varnished boards, no treatment will be required until there is visible wear and tear.
You may also like…
Moso Poles£4.75 – £41.60 incl. VAT
Split Moso Bamboo Poles£3.41 – £21.61 incl. VAT
Black Poles£6.38 – £12.29 incl. VAT
45/50mm Natural Moso Bamboo Slats x 2.4 metres (1.8in x 7ft10)£4.80 incl. VAT
Out of stock
Split Black Bamboo Poles£4.01 – £6.95 incl. VAT
Speckled Poles£9.59 – £15.29 incl. VAT
Java Black Poles£22.61 – £33.78 incl. VAT
Black Bamboo Screen£68.10 – £172.19 incl. VAT