Bamboo Veneer Single Ply Board-Natural – 5 Sheets of 5mm, 400mm x 300mm
Out of stock
Email when stock available
- Download specification sheet below for answers to FAQ’s
Untreated and unvarnished bamboo composite board. Popular for laser cutting, engraving and pyrography projects.
- Natural colour.
- 400cm x 300cm sheet.
- Single ply, 5mm thickness.
- FSC certified, sustainably sourced.
- Ideal alternative to birch, maple, cherry and other wood veneers.
- The veneers are designed to be securely attached to a solid substructure, therefore there is a display side and an underside.
This bamboo board is made from compressing strips of Moso bamboo with resin to form a hard sheet. The natural light bamboo colour can be lightly oiled or varnished. Use Tung oil to protect the surface on food preparation or serveware.
Please note: This 5mm board is classified as a veneer. This is a single ply and is prone to splitting. We recommend attaching to a solid sub-structure using screws or impact adhesive.
- Density : +/- 700 kg/m3
- Top layer thickness / Wear layer: 3,5-5 mm 1)
- Shrink/Swell bamboo: 0.14% per 1% change in Moisture Content
- Equilibrium MC: 10% at 20°C and 65% rel. Air Humidity 8% at 20°C and 50% rel. Air Humidity
- Resistance to Indentation – Brinell Hardness: ³ 4 kg/mm2
- Reaction to fire: Class D-s1-d0 (EN 13501-1)
- Formaldehyde emission: Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m3, EN 717-1) / Class E0 (< 0.025 mg/m3) 3)
- Modulus of Elasticity: 4530 N/mm2 (40mm) 4) (mean value – EN 789)
- Glue:D3 water resistant
- CO2 neutral: LCA report TU Delft (ISO 14040/44)
|Minimum Cart Spend (Incl. VAT)*||Discount|
|> £350||5% OFF|
|> £900||10% OFF|
|> £1600||15% OFF|
Trade discounts available.
|Dimensions||40 × 30 × 0.5 cm|
PLEASE NOTE: This information is to assist with your purchase. Please read carefully.
Bamboo boards and veneers behave in a similar manner to timber hardboards and plyboards.
Storage: Bamboo boards respond to changes in the atmosphere and can absorb moisture from the air. Boards must be stored flat in a dry, warm place. Failure to do so can lead to bowing and in extreme cases mould may begin to develop on the surface.
Variations: There may be colour variations between boards. We cannot guarantee that boards supplied will all be from the same batch. However, with the application of wood oil, the boards will even out in tone.
Product Type: 3mm and 5mm boards are classed as veneers. These are NOT weight bearing materials. They can split and crack. They are designed to be attached to a solid substrate and are relatively fragile. We cannot guarantee their stability if used differently.
For further information regarding how to use a particular thickness of board please read the individual product description OR download the Information Sheet on each page.
Treatments: Our bamboo boards and veneers are untreated and will require sealing with a varnish or wood oil. This will bring out the natural grain and colour of the boards and protect the finished item/area from staining and minor abrasions. You can also use a coloured stain on the boards prior to sealing. Several coats of varnish/wood may be required if the boards are to be used in a high traffic area or where liquids are found, such as the kitchen or bathroom.
Aftercare: If the boards are given the correct initial treatment they need only be wiped over with a damp cloth or duster. For areas or items which have been treated with wood oil, periodic application of a top coat is advised. For varnished boards, no treatment will be required until there is visible wear and tear.
Moso Poles£4.75 – £41.60 incl. VAT
Split Moso Poles (Half Pole)£3.41 – £21.61 incl. VAT
Black Poles£6.38 – £12.29 incl. VAT
50mm Natural Moso Bamboo Slats x 2.4 metres (1.8in x 7ft10)£4.80 incl. VAT
Out of stock
Split Natural Black Bamboo Poles (Half Pole)£4.01 – £6.95 incl. VAT
Tali Poles£22.61 – £33.78 incl. VAT
Speckled Poles£9.59 – £15.29 incl. VAT
Out of stock
Java Black Poles£22.61 – £33.78 incl. VAT